Monday, January 28, 2013

Nat's 1st birthday party!

When my daughter was born, I decided to throw her a party, and every year of her life there after. Growing up, my parents did the same to me and I truly enjoy looking back at the pictures. So for her first year, her theme was "ladybug...oh so sweet" below are some pictures my neighboor took from the event!
 
 
This is how I set up the kids table, lots of pink and green!
 
 
I ordered the cake from a local bakery (I have taken cake decorating classes, but I suck! lol)
She had a separate "smash cake" that she truly enjoyed staring at, lol. and some cupcakes with mini ladybugs on top, very cute!
 
This is how I decorated the tarp where the party took place. loved the pink sashes, and #1 ballons mixed with ladybug ballons.
I am truly blessed to have wonderful and talented neighbors... my neighbor Jamie painted all the little kiddos (and not so little) face, they really liked that!
 
For party favors I used Nat's formula cans, I saved them all! then painted them pink for the girls, green for the boys, and added ladybugs that I made with foam to the from of them. The kids had a blast eating all the candy, but it was a truly hit with the moms! (And that's how my "creatons" began) I also made (Not pictured, I couldn't find one) goodies for the moms. I saved all her stage 1 used food jars and lids and filled them with pink and green m&m's and of course decorated them with the theme colors and a ladybug, very cute!!
 
Neatless to say...everytime a friend has a party, they call me for ideas! (pad on the back,lol)
 
And what party is not complete without a pinata! and of course it had to be a ladybug! very cute...
 
 

 My "ladybug" with her daddy!
 
And what party is not complete without food! Hubby took pride in this delicious meal he cooked for over 50 people!
 

My baby had a blast, and that made this lady one happy momma!!

1 comment: