Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Yee haw--It's Nat's 2nd birthday

For my daughter's second birthday party I decided to do a Cowgirl theme...We wanted to save some money on thelocation and since we live in the country this theme fit right in.

The Colors were brown and Pink and all the kids were given cowgirl/cowboy hats and bandannas as well as sheriff badges. We planned on having my neighbor's horse "beauty" there for the kids to ride her, as well as my daddy's farm animals (goats, sheep, chickens, pigs, miniature horses, etc.) to create like a petting zoo but since it rained that morning..let's just say they (the animals) were not "party ready" (you can imagine what they looked like after a bath in the mud, lol)

Here are some of the decorations.


Believe it or not...these were soo simple and cheap to make. They are made out of the Frappucino jars. filled with hay and put a flower or two from the dollar store. I found the sticker online so I printed them and put them on the jars. EASY!!!

 For Food, my wonderful husband, as always grilled some chickens (and other things that I can't remember right now, lol) as well as some corn on the cob!

As appetizers I had some veggie chips (my favorite), peanuts, and for the kids I put rice crispy treats because they look like mini hay bales...just to stay with the Cowgirl theme!

For drinks I had pink lemonade and sweet tea, and of course served them in mason jars...



For the cutlery, I found some very cute paisley print napkins so I used them and secured them with "rope" lol

Of course I had to have DIY party favors...I used metal bins (pink for girls and original color for boys) placed a sticker that said "Thanks y'all for coming to my party" and filled them up with candy and goodies. 



And since I always give the "mommies" a party favor to take home...I gave them "Cowgirl/cowboy cookies mix".  I put the mix in a mason jar and cover the lid with pink western fabric. They were a hit with the moms, and very delicious.



The kids had so much fun, we were able to have the hay ride. We borrowed my neighbor's tractor, attached the trailer, filled it up with hay bales and hubby drove it ( I think this was the part he enjoyed the most)  Even the adults (including myself) enjoyed the hay ride  (pics. coming soon!)

My daughter had a blast!!!



Thanks to my neighbor Grace for taking some awesome pics as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment